Here are my July NewFOs!
My first project is a pillow cover.
I used a partially paper-pieced pattern from Quilter's Cache
called "Bird of Paradise". Thanks to Marsha Hohn!
Here's the front
and the back
When I measured for the back, I decided that 10.5" would give me the 3" overlap I wanted. So I cut two 10.5" squares...instead of 10.5" by the width of the pillow!
Argh. But, no worries, I just made a design decision & added a rectangle to each half & voila!
Now here it is "stuffed":
I did have one other problem. When I printed out the paper-piecing patterns, my printer would NOT print it at the correct scale. I didn't think about that when I made the 4-patches, so they were a bit too big. Of course, it was an amount between 3/4" & 7/8" inch off, but I did the best I could.
Next is another dish mat, using free-piecing with lots of scraps with a terry cloth dish towel on the back.
|It really does lay flat, honest!|
And finally, I've made some blocks that will eventually be a philanthropy quilt for my quilt guild.
I'm using a technique from a video by the Missouri Star Quilt Company. They used a design by 3 Dudes Quilting in Phoenix, AZ. They used a Jelly Roll, but my strips are actually 3" instead of 2.5".
To see more July NewFOs,
pop on over to Cat Patches!