Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Ides of March

Beware the Ides of March!

The 15th of May, July & October are also the ides,
as well as the 13th day of the rest of the months. 

Well, this day did not start off very auspiciously for me.  Yesterday I cut out the fabric for the center of the fund-raising quilt we're making.
I finally had sewn together the D9P blocks,
then measured them so I would know the correct size to cut the center.

Laid the fabric on the big cutting mat,
and realized I would have to piece it. 
That's OK, the guitar applique will cover it.
Cut out the 2 sections & then put them in my bag to sew together at home.

Fast forward to this morning.
I got up early.
Not so easy the first week of Daylight Stealing Time.
(Why can't they just pick a time and stick with it?  Sheesh!)

Sewed the center together.  Pressed it.
Back to the machine, and sewed the D9P blocks to each vertical side.  Go to press again, and now realize that the center is at least an INCH too narrow!

<sigh>

I'm blaming it on the cutting mat...
and the ruler...
AND DAYLIGHT STEALING TIME!!!!

Oh well, off to Ginger's Quilt Shoppe on my lunch break.

Wish me luck.

It IS still the Ides, after all.


Have a great day!
sue

1 comment:

  1. Sure hope you were able to find the fabric you needed and that your day goes better today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!