I'm linking up to the NewFO linky party
with Barbara at Cat Patches.
And I have two (yes 2!) projects to share.
Ain't life amazing?
The first is a block that will soon be backed, quilted & bound, then joined with others from my guild into a Potholder Quilt for our out-going President.
The pattern is from Quilter's Cache called
Wild Geese Variation.
You can get the pattern here.
I did choose to use 3 colors instead of just 2, and I am so happy with the way it turned out!
The whole block!
Now this is the worst part of paper piecing:
Trash, trash, trash!!
I was originally going to send my next project in to Pokey Bolton, for the Festival Pet Project Fundraiser.
They had asked for 4" X 6" postcards that they planned to sell at the Quilt Festival in Houston, with all of the monies going to local animal shelters.
As usual, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do.
I went through several designs & didn't like anything.
Finally I settled on this
and traced it onto some Steam-a-Seam2 fusible.
Cut 'em out & decided on a background.
After fusing, I stitched around the cats & quilted them.
Up 'til this point, everything was working well.
Then, when I added the back & stitched around the outside, it was a huge FAIL!
You may notice the outer edge of the right postcard is a bit wavy & wobbly.
Yep, it was HORRID.
There was no way I could send them in like that & they needed to be in the mail that day.
No time to start over or figure out how to fix it.
As you can see, I did eventually spend several HOURS picking out the layers of satin stitching around the edge.
I just have to decide on a different way to finish them.
So there you go - my two NewFOs.
Click on over to Cat Patches to see some more wonderful projects!