Friday, August 19, 2011

Kitty Wallhanging - Elizabeth


At my work, a few months ago,
we started planning a car show & movie night.
We started collecting some great things
to use for a raffle, with all the monies collected
going to 4 different charities.
My "team" chose the Inland Valley Humane Society,
so I decided that I would make a small quilt to donate.
And I figured that an animal quilt would go best.
The following pictures show the quilt,
from when "Elizabeth" was fused on


with her thread-painted face


and the trapunto, from the back.



More thread painting & quilting



Top border


One of the sides
(pebbles & weeds?)


The bottom border -
I signed & dated it here
and put the quilt's name "Elizabeth"



Showing the fabric I used on the back


And the whole thing!

I really like the way it came out.
I learned a lot doing this one.

Only one thing would have made this experience better...
if they had picked MY name for it at the raffle!!


This is the "real" Elizabeth.
She owns my sister & brother-in-law.




Have a great weekend!

sue


2 comments:

  1. Yay you got her finished! She is fabulous! So that is thread painting huh... Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!