Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Black, White & a POP! of Color DQ

Last month I joined in on the September DQ swap over on the Quilting Board.  Our optional theme was
Black & White with a Pop of Color.

First I thought that I would do some
Wonky Stars
as I had just demostrated them at my guild meeting.
But nah,
I want to make something a bit bigger.
Then I thought
Single Irish Chain.
No, that's not it either.

So I put it out of my mind for a time
while I worked on the supply list for the workshop
I'm leading for guild this coming Saturday...
the Jelly Roll Race.

That's it!
I'll do a miniature JRR!

It took me a while to figure out the math
to get the size I wanted,
and then I began grabbing my black & whites &
my POP! of color & started cutting.

It went to together so quickly.
And I liked it soooo much
it was hard to send it away to my partner!

Taaaa-Daaaaaah~!!!


Even though I had good lighting,
the blue is not the right color in the picture.
It's really turquoise,
but you get the idea.
I just did a quick stitch in the ditch for the quilting.


I've decided I'm going to make a big one for myself now.
After I finish up a few more things I have stacked up!

sue

edited to add:  I'm linking up to the Clover & Violet Stash Project of the Month!

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Don't you love making something beautiful out of fabric you already have? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is great!! I like the way you talked us through your decision making. I've heard about jelly roll races but don't know much about them. I'll have to google them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, it is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!