Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's in a Blog Name?

Zzyzx & sue - what the heck does that mean?
Well.....
I'll have to go back a bit for this.
When I named my pets,
I never wanted them to have "people" names.
So my dog was named after a car -
Jensen.
Then I decided that I wanted a cat.
I went to the Humane Society, looking for a black kitten.
Turned out that they had two kittens,
one black & one orange & white ~
but the black one wasn't available yet.
And the orange one reached her little arm out
between the bars of the cage & grabbed me.
We went home together that day.
She was quite a character, and I knew she needed a
special name.
At that time, a bunch of us used to go rough camping
in the high desert areas of So. California.
To get there, we always passed this one particular off-ramp:
ZZYZX ROAD.
I knew that zzyzx was just the right name
for this little ball of fluff.
She was my constant companion
for 17 years.
She could even do some 'tricks':
Sit, Sit UP, Shake Hands, & Count!
(Of course, all of these did require treats ;^) )

So, when I decided that I wanted to try my hand at blogging, it just seemed right to keep her at my side.
(And yes, that is her as my avatar.)

So there we are,
just for you,
zzyzx & sue.

I'm linking up with Dawn,
for "What's your name & why".


Happy Trails!

sue

4 comments:

  1. I always wondered about that! Now I know! Mine is kinda obvious....Lilypadquilting sort of goes with the OleFrogEyes site, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured Zzyzx was your kitty, but I didn't know why. What a funny name for a road, but it suits your kitty to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah huh! I did wonder but kept forgetting to ask.
    Good to know another snippet about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute story. How is that pronounced?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!