Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TLC Racers


That's me, peeking over the top!

Last Saturday I taught my very first
TLC Quilters guild workshop,
all by myself!

I taught the Jelly Roll Race quilt
and we had a lot of fun.

2 of my sample tops

My first instruction to my students was this:
"Take out all of your strips,
fluff them up
and put 'em in a big pile on the table!"


This one had all of her strips neatly separated by color
and wound around cardboard tubes!




There were batiks, civil war repros, Halloween,
red-white-&-blues, and Christmas strips.



Making sure there weren't any twists.
An impossible task!


Out of the 8 students that were sewing,
5 of them had completed tops by the end of the workshop!
A 6th one emailed me on Monday, that she finished her top on Sunday.  I think that's pretty good!

Here they are, in order of finishing:

Marlene

Jean
Carol
Look how it divided itself - dark on one side, light on the other!

Jenel

Dawn

And the whole crew:

Laura~Marlene~Carol~Dawn~Jean~Jenel~Lydia~Donna~Mary Ann

They were wonderful students!

They've made me start thinking about
what I could do in another workshop.
Thanks!

sue


3 comments:

  1. I bet you all had a great day!! Those Jelly Roll quilts are so clever!! I can just imagine getting tangled up in the strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting Cat Patches lead me to you. I think I knew you, does Elizabeth A. ring a bell? Anyway congrats on teaching your first guild meeting all alone. To funny when you told the girl with her strips on tubes that they needed fluffed up and mixed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!